Monday, December 8, 2014

Lemon Scrubby Soap

Last year I saw a picture of lemon soap and found a recipe for this kind of soap. In the soap, I used lemon oil. It had a very nice, clean smell to it, and because I used the rinds (grated up) in the soap, it turned out like a scrubby soap. All the lemon rinds settled on the bottom of the mold and made a natural scrubby on one side of the bar.

  Unfortunately, the soap did not hold it's scent. Using essential oils that are made from citrus does not make a nice. long lasting bar of scented soap. But, the good news is that I have heard that Lemongrass oil holds the scent better. I ordered some and have used it a couple of times.

   I am going to pull a lemon off my lemon tree and grate the lemon rinds up and will use them in the soap after they are dried.

   Lemon soap is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment